Thursday 26 April 2012

Not Quite a Masterpiece...

So the morning coffee was a triumphant failure in presentation:



If you squint it almost looks like the Feather Duster/French Maid from Disney's Beauty and the Beast. However, all the key components turned out well. The coffee shot had excellent crema, the milk had perfect microfoam and the coffee was actually delicious.

Which bring me to a tip for coffee enthusiasts who haven't caught on to these guys yet. CoffeeHit (www.coffeehit.com.au) do a number of excellent blends of coffee with beans sourced from around the world and expertly roasted by their secret barista. I'm waiting on my next batch to arrive, but right now I'm using their 'Ultimate Coffee Hit' blend..and it is really something special.

Somehow they managed to make a blend that starts off smooth, and then boldly states 'I'm awesome!' while it makes sweet love to your tastebuds. I'm not sure if wine terminology crosses over to coffee, but this is a coffee with body..a good body, that manages to convey strength without blowing the back of your head off, and no bitterness that I can really detect.

I like my coffee strong, and my partner likes her coffee very weak, so I use large cups, double-shot it for me (60ml) and half-shot it for her (15ml) and both of us are in bliss. If you're using average sized cups and like a weak coffee (I seriously can barely taste the coffee in my partner's cup) then I recommend the 'Daily Blend' from CoffeeHit.

You won't be disappointed.

Brandon.

No comments:

Post a Comment