Saturday 28 April 2012

The Baron..

So based on some positive reviews from Beanhunter I went and checked out The Baron at Castle Hill  this afternoon instead of AIR Coffee, also at Castle Hill. I have to admit to being disappointed somewhat in the quality of the coffee, though presentation was not the issue:


By now you have worked out that I'm a bit of a coffee snob, unashamedly so. I ordered a total of 2 cappuccinos, the first came extremely weak (my partner would have loved it) and the second (after ordering a double-shot) came out extremely bitter.

My suspicion is that the barista felt the best way to prove his coffee wasn't too weak was to tamp the living daylights out of the coffee, which created the aforementioned result.

I missed out on the food menu, so I can't talk to that, but the service was friendly and the atmosphere was bohemian and cool. All in all it seemed like a great little joint, too bad the coffee sucked.

In saying that, they have had amazing reviews lauding the standards of their coffee by quite a number of people, so I will head back there to give them another go at some point.

Brandon.

No comments:

Post a Comment