Tuesday 21 May 2013

Mountain Coffee Follow-Up

So about this time last year I mentioned that the gorgeous girlfriend and I merrily went into the Blue Mountains on a romantic getaway.

We'd been tipped off about the Red Door cafe in Leura and failed to find it because we're crappy detectives.

Since then I've been twice. Here's the write-up:

The Red Door Cafe

This is not a big place at all, but both times we went there it was packed to the rafters. Unfortunately you do get that 'crammed in' feel which doesn't promote a relaxed/comfortable atmosphere.

The coffee was definitely good so they ticked that box. Not much in the way of latte art but I feel fairly confident in saying that of all the places I've tried in Leura (maybe 4 - 5), these guys make the best coffee by far.

No particular characteristics leap to mind, there was no overriding caramel/chocolate flavour, just good coffee flavour in general. Next time I'm there I'll try an espresso and see what the more dominant flavours are - something tells me that might be more rewarding.

We both had omelettes to go along with it, the food was great, the staff were friendly though if they had another look at the floor layout, I think people would be a bit more comfortable in there.

As an aside, we went back to Talisman - the pizzas are still awesome. The coffee is still pretty good though not as good as last time. they use 'Danes' coffee which I haven't come across elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment